Parent School Partnership Program.
The Parent-School Partnership program is designed to assist families with students with Autism to reach their functional and academic potential in the educational system. Families will be connected with a Parent Mentor in their area who is a parent of an Autistic individual. The program strives to build collaboration between parents and schools – recognizing that both are essential partners in the education of Autistic students.
Parent-School Partnership objectives.
- To facilitate partnerships between the parents of Autistic students and school personnel
- To strengthen mutual respect and understanding between parents and school personnel
- To assist parents and schools in guiding each Autistic student towards knowledge and independence
Support for schools:
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork between schools and families
- Acts as a resource for schools on issues relating to Autism
- Provides information to schools
- Schools and districts may refer families to the PSP program
- Helps schools to involve parents in the education process
Support for families:
- Helps families establish positive working relationships with school personnel
- Provides families with information and resources about Autism
- Helps families understand special educational rights and responsibilities
- Provides support in connecting with other agencies
- Encourages parents to be active participants in their child’s education
Servicing: Abbeville, Anderson 1-5, Greenwood 50, 51 & 52, Pickens, Oconee, SCSDB
Servicing: Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, Jasper, Orangeburg 3 and 4.
Servicing: Darlington, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington 1 & 2, Orangeburg 5, Richland/Lexington 5, Richland 1 & 2, Sumter, DOD.
Servicing: Aiken, Barnwell, Calhoun, Edgefield, Lexington 1, 2, 3 & 4, Newberry, Richland/Lexington 5, Saluda, McCormick
Servicing: Clarendon, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Marion, Marlboro, Williamsburg.
Servicing: Cherokee, Chester, Lancaster, Laurens 55 & 56, Spartanburg -1,2,3,4,5,6 &7, Union, York- 1,2,3,4
Ph: (864) 603-9849