We create connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully. We equip those affected by Autism with knowledge and support to maximize their quality of life.
Creating a world where everyone in the Autism community is connected to the support they need, when they need it.
Dignity, where the value and self-determination of every individual is upheld.
Equity, where everyone with Autism achieves the highest possible quality of life.
Inclusion, where every person is integrated into society without barriers or exceptions in a collaborative environment.
Diversity, where everyone is respected for their unique and individual differences.
Integrity, where we conduct ourselves with honor, truth, and respect in our thoughts, words, and actions.
Because the experience of Autism is not one thing. Because it is many things. And because the connection between those experiences is you.
Because we see you. The way you think. The dreams you hold. The talents you bring. Because you can’t be categorized into neat little diagnostic boxes. Because you break the mold.
Because sometimes you’re quiet. Because sometimes you need help reaching for where you belong. Because sometimes what happens is not always right or fair or just. Because there are keys to every door that looks locked.
Because no matter how you were born, the person you are is infinite—and you are the only you there is.
Because Autism is not going away, neither are we. The Autism Society.
The connection is you.™
- Individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) have a right to fully participate in all of society
- Individuals with ASD and their families deserve high quality information on autism
- Individuals with ASD and their families have the right to information on all treatment options, the ability to evaluate each option, and to make a selection of the treatment option that best fit their needs
- Children with ASD have the right to a free appropriate public education
- Individuals with ASD have the right to receive appropriate and quality services
- Individuals with ASD who are receiving services have the right to receive those services without fear of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Individuals with ASD have the right to make decisions concerning their own lives