Social Security.

Parents/Guardians should consider applying for SSI for adults with disabilities. As an adult, the SSI income requirements are based on the individual with a disability and their resources not the family’s. It is recommended to charge your adult child rent so that your child will receive the maximum amount. Parents may be recognized as the Representative Payee for their adult child with a disability. This requires you to make yearly reports as to how the SSI money was spent.

For more information on SSI, visit

Building Connections


We are actively building connections with businesses, schools, government and churches to provide resources to families in need across South Carolina. If you need help in your home or would like to help, please contact us! We cannot wait to hear from you!