The mission of SCAS is to enable every individual with autism spectrum disorders in South Carolina to reach their maximum potential.
- Individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) have a right to fully participate in all of society
- Individuals with ASD and their families deserve high quality information on autism
- Individuals with ASD and their families have the right to information on all treatment options, the ability to evaluate each option, and to make a selection of the treatment option that best fit their needs
- Children with ASD have the right to a free appropriate public education
- Individuals with ASD have the right to receive appropriate and quality services
- Individuals with ASD who are receiving services have the right to receive those services without fear of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Individuals with ASD have the right to make decisions concerning their own lives