Your Vote Counts! Many individuals with disabilities are eligible to vote!
October 8th is the Deadline for citizens in South Carolina to register to vote. The 2016 General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8th. Below are links with information on how to register to vote and county voter office listing.
To determine eligibility to vote, please review the requirements from the South Carolina Election Commission:
In order to vote, South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- be a United States citizen -be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws ORif previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Ways in which people can register:
- In person at your county voter registration office
- Online Voter Registration
- Register in person at your county voter registration office. Or download a voter registration form, complete the form, and return it to you voter registration office either by mailing in the form, Faxing the form to your county voter registration office or scan the completed form and email the voter registration form to you voter registration office. – below is the link with the information for mailing, faxing and emailing ones voter registration form.
The SC DisAbility Voting Coalition created a guide to Voting Rights for People with Disabilities in South Carolina. It covers Who can vote, How to register to vote, Different ways to vote, Accessibility issues, and How to report problems. The publication corresponds with links to set of videos about voting. Click here to view the guide now.
For complete Voter Information, visit http://www.scvotes.org/south_carolina_voter_registration_information
If you have additional questions, please contact your local Voter Registration Office. You can find your office at http://www.scvotes.org/how_to_register_absentee_voting