We are committed to continuing to work hard to fulfill our mission, that every individual with autism in South Carolina reach their maximum potential.
See below for details about the perks of the various membership levels.
- State conference discount
- Receive THE UPDATE quarterly newsletter
- SCAS membership decal
- Voting privileges during annual meeting
- Eligible for election to Board of Directors
- Lower rates for workshops and classes
- Monthly email newsletter
- Access to lending library
- Priority to receive scholarships for conferences and trainings
- Service CoordinationOur Service Coordinators are currently serving over 1,050 consumers.
- Parent School PartnershipOur Parent Mentors are back at work, helping ensure individuals with autism get the best school services and accommodations to which they are entitled.
- EventsWe continue to partner with outside organizations for family respite and recreation activities that provide fun and community-building. Staff is hard at work planning a slate of awareness events for Spring 2014.
- Information & ReferralBetween May and September, we have provided information and made referrals for over 200 families. We regularly share articles of interest, research opportunities, and community activities to over 5,000 individuals through our newsletter, email lists, and social media. Not to mention all the opportunities our staff take to informally support families affected by autism, and raise autism awareness in the community.
A household is comprised of no more than 2 adults, and 2 children under the age of 18.