- This event has passed.
Autism Night at Cherokee Speedway
April 15, 2017
Join us at Cherokee Speedway, 153 Speedway Road, Gaffney, SC 29341, on April 15 for a night of racing to benefit the South Carolina Autism Society!
1st Annual Autism Awareness Race
“Racing for a Reason”
April 15, 2017
Ideas to Raise Awareness:
● F a n s : Wear a BLUE SHIRT to the speedway. You will receive a ticket upon entrance. If your ticket is drawn, you will will One of TEN General Admission Passes for a Regular Race During the 2017 Season. ○ Tickets to be drawn during the night.
● R a c e T e a m s : Wear a BLUE SHIRT to the speedway and if your driver wins the heat or feature race and has the Autism Awareness decal on the car, your team will be entered to receive $100.00. There will be one winner for Heats and one winner for Mains. **Businesses to Possibly Raise Purse Funds/Personal Donations**
● T r a c k O f f i c i a l s/S t a f f : Wear BLUE!
- Instead of the traditional Black and White Checkered Flag, racers will race to the finish line with a Blue & White Checkered Flag!
- Autism Flag in Victory Lane
- Trophies will feature puzzle piece and “Racing for a Reason”
● Families with Autism:
- Opportunity to sit inside the Tower
- Autistic Child/Adult to have a ticket for free
Please email Jada Tessnier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-473-7081 to save seats in Tower. (Not required, but helpful!)
SC Autism Society will be set up near the tower! Please stop by to find out information on Autism and make a donation!
*Donations would be accepted at the Autism Tent and Through Live Auction
Easter Egg Hunt (Ages 7 and Under) ● 6:00 p.m. ● Grassy area to the right of grandstand entrance ● Stephanie Poston to lead
Egg Relay Ages 8-12) ● Front Stretch ● Intermission ● Prizes to be given for first and second place