Here’s how you can Take Action Now!
• Find your legislators at http://www.scstatehouse.gov/legislatorssearch.php.
• Call your United States Senators and Representatives and tell them to oppose the proposed Medicaid cuts in the AHCA!
• Call your Governor and State Legislators. Remind them what cuts to the Medicaid would affect the state budget and why Medicaid matters to you.
• Ask your family and friends to support you and do the same!
What to Say:
• I am your constituent.
• Explain if you are a person with a disability, a family member of someone with a disability, or a professional in the disability field.
• Tell them that you do not want cuts or caps on Medicaid!
• Explain how Medicaid helps you or your family member to have health care and community based services.
If you need assistance in learning how to get engaged, visit ASAN’s toolkit on basic civic engagement for self-advocates.
Thank you for all your efforts to advocate for those with autism and other disabilities!