Welcome to the first of our Quarterly SCAS Program Updates. This quarter, we are featuring our Parent School Partnership Program.
The Parent-School Partnership Program is designed to assist children with autism spectrum disorders to reach their maximum potential in the educational system. Through our Parent Mentors, the program builds collaboration between parents and schools, recognizing that both are essential partners in the child’s education.
So what does that mean for you?
• Parent Mentors with up to twenty years experience assisting students with autism and education professionals.
• A program exclusive to autism, where every Parent Mentor is not only an expert in the educational needs of students with autism, but is the parent of a student with autism as well.
• For SC Autism Society Case Management families, additional collaboration between Parent Mentors and Case Managers to assist students in reaching their maximum potential in all environments.
• Quick access to Paula's Place Learning Lab, a lab dedicated to individuals with autism of all ages, parents, educators, paraprofessionals, and therapists to learn how to use various software and how to create supports for school and home use.
• This is a free service to both families and educators.
Whether you are a parent seeking assistance with navigating the educational system, or an education professional seeking information to better service your students with autism, the SC Autism Society's Parent School Partnership is here to help. Additional specifics on the Program are included below.
To be connected to a Parent School Partnership Parent Mentor in your area, please contact us at 803-750-6988 or 800-438-4790, or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to serving you!